Ms. AKINLADE BASIRAT IDOWU was born on 4th August, 1959. She is an indigene of Isale Eko Lagos Island in Lagos State. She attended the following schools:
- Muslim Teachers’ College Surulere (1975-1980).
- Lagos State College of Education Oto – Ijanikin (1981-1984).
- Delta State University Abraka (1998).
She was appointed as a Classroom Teacher on 17th January, 1986 and the appointment was confirmed on 17th January, 1988.
She has worked in the following schools;
- Community High School, Ilado Eti Osa (1986-1998).
- Gregory’s College Obalende (1998-2001).
- Akande Dahunsi Memorial Grammer School, Osborne Road, Ikoyi (2001).
She was deployed to Ikeja Zonal Office of PPTESCOM in 2002 and was later moved to the PPTESCOM Headquarters in December, 2003 where she served as a Promotion Officer. In 2005 she served as Head of Promotion Unit in Teachers Establishment and Pensions Office (TEPO).
In June 2006, she was deployed to Ministry of Education Alausa, Received an Award as the Best Senior Staff of the year 2010 in the Ministry of Education.
She is the Director of Private Education and Special Programmes Department of the Ministry.